Thursday, April 1, 2010

Customer Satisfaction vs Eco-friendliness




In Japanese service industry, enterprises tend to strive to achieve the highest customer satisfaction, which, sometimes results in excessive or I should say over caring service as shown.

In a rainy day, a newspaper is delivered in a sealed thin plastic bag.

In a way, it is nice that I would not have my finger inked by a wet newspaper.

But, in my recollection, I have never had an unpleasantly wet newspaper delivered to my place.


Occasionally, I had newspapers with few watermarks, but it was not a big deal.

Is this a reflection of demanding Japanese consumers or endless pursuit of customer satisfaction ?

Although I do not have an answer,

one thing I can tell for sure is that Japanese consumers are accustomed to this type of over caring service and their expectation is usually a lot higher than western standards.

Therefore, it would be wise to keep that in mind when you engage in the business with Japanese counterparts.

Mata-ashita !

No comments:

Post a Comment